Last week went well in terms of development for the game. I was very swamped with work and was not able to do as much as I wanted to do on the game. What I did last week was implement teams and fixed a bullet collision and aiming issue. I also started the implementation of goo depositing and team points.
What I want to do for the game before we seriously try and challenge stage 3:
- Revamp the camera and movement so that it feels more natural and smooth
- Get a goo shader or effect for the goo characters
- Finish implementation of the team aspect and goo depositing.
- Iterate the vacuuming to make it extremely interactive and much more involving. I want it to feel like a real struggle!
- Add sounds and music to the game
- “Goo Sloshing”
This week should be interesting if I can get enough time to really work through some of these features.